Permit to Use a Boat in a Public Place - Northern Territory


You will need this permit if you want to drive, propel, sail or tow a boat or motorboat at a speed at more than five knots, in waters within a public place.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Administering agency

Your local council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Customer Service

Your local council

Northern Territory
Website: Find your council (Opens in new window)