Permit to Use a Declared Weed - Northern Territory


You need this permit if you intend to possess, use, transport, grow or harvest a declared weed for display, scientific, commercial or other purpose. A declared weed is a plant that is to be controlled, eradicated or prevented from entering the Northern Territory. Although declared as weeds, some plants have value and a permit provides strict control and monitoring of their use.

Each permit will be subject to specific conditions. You may be required to lodge a bond that is sufficient to provide a security against costs and expenses that may be incurred to prevent the spread of a declared weed as a result of action taken under a permit.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this permit you must:

  • consult with the agency about what you want to do and why you need a permit
  • ensure that there are existing or proposed measures to contain the weed
  • have no outstanding matters from a previous permit.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the agency for more information.

Approval time

Application can take up to four weeks to be processed.

Administering agency

Department of Environment, Parks and Water Security

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.