To be eligible, you must:
- be an Australian lawyer or a lawyer who reasonably expects to be engaged in legal practice in the NT for the currency of the certificate
- possess professional indemnity insurance if you are applying for the categories of sole practitioner, principles of a law firm and barrister.
If you are applying for a Northern Territory practising certificate for the first time, you must:
- provide a current Certificate of Fitness from each jurisdiction in which you have been admitted
- provide a certified copy of your Admission Certificate from each jurisdiction in which you have been admitted
- if applicable, provide evidence that you have surrendered your interstate practising certificate.