You will need this permit if you intend to undertake certain activities in relation to fish or aquatic life which would otherwise be illegal.
Activities that require a special permit include:
- releasing fish into NT waters
- importing live fish or aquatic life into the NT
- translocating live fish or aquatic life within the NT
- taking fish or aquatic life not normally allowed
- using fishing gear prohibited under fisheries legislation
- discharging a toxic substance into waterways
- using an electrofishing device.