To be eligible for registration you must:
- hold a degree awarded by a higher education institution on completion of a 4 year full-time (or the equivalent part-time duration) initial (pre-service) teacher education course that includes a minimum of 45 days of supervised practice teaching in a school;
- hold a combined four years of full-time study (or the equivalent part-time duration) completed at a higher education institution that results in the award of a degree plus a qualification awarded on completion of a teacher education course of at least one year full-time duration (or the equivalent part-time duration) that includes a minimum of 45 days supervised practice teaching in a school.
To be eligible for full registration you will also need to meet professional experience, currency of practice, competency, fitness and propriety requirements as determined by the agency.
If you do not meet the professional experience and currency of practice requirements, but are otherwise eligible for registration, you may apply for provisional registration.
All applicants for teacher registration must also:
- complete a national police check
- hold a working with children clearance
- be proficient in the English language.