Tour Operator Permit - Northern Territory


This permit is required for undertaking tours, safaris or excursion operations within a park or reserve and where the operator will be using existing facilities and services and not 'based' on the park.

Tour operations can include but are not limited to guided bushwalking tours, guided vehicle tours, mini bus tours and camping tours.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Tour Guides operating in the Parks must hold a current first aid qualification, the minimum standard for which is a Senior First Aid Certificate or equivalent.

Operators must have a Public Liability Insurance Policy that covers all of the proposed activities in NT Parks and Reserves to the value of $20,000,000.


1, 3, 5 years.


$100 for 4 or less park visits, $500 for 5 or more park visits in 1 year
Unlimited visits - $1,500 for 3 years
Unlimited visits - $2,500 for 5 Years.

Cash, cheque, or EFT.


Task Business Structure Resources
Common All Application for Tour Operator Permit (Opens in new window)

Act(s) name

Territory Parks & Wildlife Conservation Act 1976 Northern Territory

Administering agency

Department of Tourism, Sport and Culture

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Operating address: Level 1 JHV2
356 Bagot Road
Millner NT 0810
Mailing address: PO Box 496
Palmerston NT 0831
Phone: 0889993638
Fax: 0889994558
Website: (Opens in new window)