Waste Discharge Licence - Northern Territory


You will need this licence if you intend to undertake activities which may cause waste to come into contact with water. Water includes groundwater, tidal water, rivers, creeks, lakes and channels. Waste includes any matter whether wholly or partly in a solid liquid or gaseous state which may pollute water.

You may need this licence to undertake work including:

  • sewage or wastewater treatment
  • aquaculture
  • mining
  • dredged material disposal.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


Permits are valid for a maximum of 2 years unless otherwise agreed.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

You do not need to pay any fees.

Application process


Please submit your completed application form with supporting documentation outlined on the form.

Administering agency

Northern Territory Environmental Protection Authority (NTEPA)

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.