You will need this licence if you intend to drill for water in the Northern Territory.
There are 3 classes of licence:
- Class 1 (Single non flowing aquifer systems)
- Class 1R (Single non flowing aquifer systems, restricted to geotech and monitoring bores to a maximum 30m depth)
- Class 2 (Multiple non flowing aquifer systems)
- Class 3 (Flowing aquifer systems including the Great Artesian Basin)
- Class 3R (Flowing aquifer systems excluding the Great Artesian Basin).
You can apply to upgrade your drilling licence. You must have the relevant qualifications for each licence.