WHS Entry Permit - Northern Territory


You will need this permit if you are a union official and you intend to enter a workplace to:

  • inquire into a suspected contravention of the Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation) Act 2011
  • consult and advise workers on work health and safety matters.

When entering a workplace, permit holders must produce their entry permit card.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible, you must:

  • be nominated by a union
  • complete the relevant training.


3 years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All You do not need to pay any fees.

Administering agency

Department of the Attorney-General and Justice

NT WorkSafe

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.