Approval for access to parks for scientific research - Queensland


You will need approval to gain temporary access to council parkland to undertake scientific research. Temporary access applications are approved for the purpose of traversing over council controlled parkland to access private property.

No materials, equipment or machinery are to be stored on the parkland during your temporary access period. Once you have completed your scientific research, all of your equipment and markers must be removed unless specific approval to the contrary has been obtained from the owner of the land or relevant authority.

At the end of your approval period, you may be required to provide a full report to the council on the research you carried out under this approval.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


As specified

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 2009 Queensland

Administering agency

Local Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.