You will need this approval to undertake temporary activities on public land and roads. This includes activities such as:
- driving or leading animals to cross a road
- depositing goods or materials such as building or gardening materials, skip bins, shipping containers, temporary fencing
- temporary use of car parking spaces
- holding a public place activity.
A public place activity can refer to any of the following:
- placing a display or information booth
- conducting a social gathering or meeting of more than 50 people
- exercising a right of occupation and use of a specified part of a council area by an incorporated association
- conducting a street parade, festival, fundraiser, vintage car display, novelty vehicle race or training event.
If you require development approval and receive approval for your activities on public land as part of that approval process, you will not need to obtain a separate approval.