Local council regulates activities in parks, reserves, foreshores and bathing reserves to:
- provide for appropriate public access for active and passive recreation
- protect the safety of persons using parks, reserves, foreshores and bathing reserves
- preserve features of the natural and built environment and other aspects of amenity
- ensure appropriate standards of conduct.
You must not bring a motor vehicle onto, or drive a motor vehicle on a park/reserve/foreshore/bathing reserve, unless the whole area is available for motor vehicle access, or you keep the vehicle within a part of the park/reserve/foreshore/bathing reserve that is available for motor vehicle access.
Any person hiring equipment must be instructed in the use of appropriate safety precautions and be aware of any restrictions affecting the use of the equipment in the area.
- prohibit you from bringing animals, or animals of a specified species, into an area
- grant you an appoval to occupy and use a specified part of an area
- grant licences subject to certain conditions e.g.:
- make periodic payments to council
- make facilities installed under the approval available for use by the public at specified times or over specified periods
- take specified precautions to protect the safety of persons who enter the land subject to the approval
- properly maintain equipment and facilities
- insure themselves and the council against liability for injury, loss or damage arising on the land subject to the approval.