You must take out public liability insurance to a minimum value of $20 million and name your local council as an interested party. A copy of this document must be submitted before your application is approved.
Depending on the complexity of the shoot, a site plan may be required for each intended film location showing the following:
- filming and private vehicle parking arrangements and film set locations including site boundaries and outlines of buildings
- location of any facilities provided on set including toilets, catering vans and refuse bins
- location, size, and details of any temporary structures on set, including marquees
- location of fixed equipment
- the access and exit points of the site, including emergency access
- details of any surrounding infrastructure including roads, bus zones, trees, fire hydrants, transformers, telephone booths, mail boxes, bus seats, shelters, and rubbish bins
- the distance of the nearest residential premises.
You must also notify any residents or businesses that may be affected by filming activities.