To apply for approval for works on public areas and roads, you must:
- submit the approved application form
- accompany the application with any documents or materials required by your council or local authority
- pay the prescribed fee.
The following documents and materials may need to accompany your application:
- full details of the proposed works or interference including plans and specifications
- details of all building work and other work to be carried out under the approval
- details of the time and place at which the works will be undertaken
- the proposed term of the approval
- the impact of the works on pedestrian or vehicular traffic
- materials, equipment and vehicles to be used in the undertaking of the works
- plans and specifications detailing the relevant part of the road, the proposed location of each structure and item of equipment, and the type and location of any utility, service or infrastructure to be used
- the written consent and statement of support from each occupier of land which will be directly or indirectly affected by the undertaking of the works on a road.
If written consent cannot be obtained, you must provide details of the consultation undertaken by the applicant on the road and the result of the consultation.