Approval to conduct a business from a public housing property - Queensland


You will need this approval if you intend to conduct a business from home as a public housing tenant.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To conduct a business from home, you must:

  • continue to live in the property
  • not make changes to the property without agency permission
  • not damage the property
  • comply with all laws and regulations relevant to your business type, including local government (council)
  • ensure you have all required insurances in place
  • not disturb your neighbours or cause a nuisance.

You and any household members must also declare income from your business at your rent confirmation.


As specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the agency for more information.

Other resources

Task Business Structure Resources
Comply All Rights and responsibilities (Opens in new window)

Administering agency

Department of Housing, Local Government, Planning and Public Works

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.