Complete an Advertising signs licence application online or submit a completed form to council with the required fees and documents, by mail or at a council regional business centre.
You must submit the following documentation with your application:
- Site plan with location of all proposed and existing signage, building footprints, roads and landscaping
- Site photos:
- wide view of whole site from each frontage
- view facing outwards from the site from the position of the proposed sign
- photos of any existing signage on the site. Photos must be for existing unlicensed signs.
- Sign details drawn to scale including fixing details, shape, size, illumination etc. .
- A certificate of structural adequacy from a certified engineer if:
- the advertisement is of a size, type, shape or height, or attached to a structure that would be subject to significant wind or other loading; or
- the advertisement is located above or within a place commonly used by the general public, where the collapse of the device could cause injury to a person in that place.
- A copy of the relevant conditions if the advertisement is subject to the conditions of a Town planning or Development permit previously given by Brisbane City Council.
- List of locations and permitted signs if making an Advertising package application (large developments and housing/industrial estates with multiple lots only)
- Copy of signed owner's consent if applicable.
A council officer may inspect the sign prior to granting approval.
If you have any questions about your application contact the Brisbane City Council call centre.