You will need this approval if you intend to undertake activities on local government roads and areas, which include parks, reserves, foreshores, bathing reserves, and council controlled venues. You will also need approval for an activity which might use or obstruct a footpath. Examples of these activities include but are not limited to:
- sport and recreational events or competitions (including commercial skate events)
- special events (e.g. fairs, fetes, markets or functions)
- horse / camel / pony rides
- equipment hire (including aquatic equipment)
- temporary market stalls
- sidewalk stalls
- property renovation / rubbish removal that requires a skip bin or other temporary structure.
If you require development approval and receive approval for your activities on council land as part of that approval process, you will not need to obtain a separate approval.