You will need this approval if you intend to undertake activities on local government areas and roads. This includes activities such as:
- the driving or leading of animals to cross a road
- depositing of goods or materials
- holding a public place activity, excluding the operation of a temporary entertainment event.
A public place activity can refer to any of the following:
- the placing of a display or information booth
- conducting a social gathering or meeting of more than 50 people
- exercising a right of occupation and use of a specified part of a council area by an incorporated association
- organising a sporting activity of region, State or national significance
- conducting a street parade, festival, fundraiser, vintage car display, novelty vehicle race or training event.
If you require development approval and receive approval for your activities on council land as part of that approval process, you will not need to obtain a separate approval.