You will need this approval to undertake activities on public land and roads. This includes activities such as:
- driving or leading animals to cross a road
- depositing goods or materials
- holding a public place activity, excluding the operation of a temporary entertainment event.
A public place activity can refer to any of the following:
- placing a display or information booth
- conducting a social gathering or meeting of more than 50 people
- exercising a right of occupation and use of a specified part of a council area by an incorporated association
- conducting a street parade, festival, fundraiser, vintage car display, novelty vehicle race or training event.
You will need to:
- Telephone the Council if you intend to drive stock across a Council road within a day.
- Apply to the Council for a travelling stock permit if you intend to drive stock for more than one day.
You will need to notify the relevant State department if you intend to drive stock across a State owned main road.
Street stalls will need approval and must meet the prescribed criteria, complete the application form and pay the prescribed fee.
If you need development approval and receive approval for your activities on public land as part of that approval process, you will not need to obtain a separate approval.