Approval to use vehicles on public land - Gladstone Regional Council - Queensland


You will need this approval if you intend to use a motor vehicle on council or local authority controlled land that is not a motor vehicle access area. You may also need this approval if you intend to use a prohibited vehicle on a specified motor vehicle access area.

A motor vehicle access area includes car parks or roadways where there is no sign or traffic control device excluding public vehicles.

Your council or local authority can determine what should be considered to be a motor vehicle access area, as well as determining what vehicles are prohibited from using them.

This approval does not apply to emergency vehicles.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Additional fees may apply, please contact your council for information on fees to be submitted.

Apply Application All

Use of motor vehicles on Boyne Island Foreshore (per vehicle):

  • yearly permit -  $52.00
  • weekly (or part thereof) permit - $10.00.

Fees for 2022-23

Apply Application All

Use of motor vehicles for residents of Wild Cattle Island:

  • first two permits -  no charge
  • additional permit - $5.00.

Fees for 2022-23


Act(s) name

Local Government Act 2009 Queensland

Administering agency

Gladstone Regional Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.