Licence applications can be downloaded from the Workplace Health and Safety Queensland website.
In order to be granted an A class licence an applicant must satisfy the regulator that they meet the approved criteria:
- Complete an application form
- The applicant must provide proof of holding:
- a business registration certificate - ABN
- Workcover insurance (if applicable), and public liability insurance cover
- evidence that the applicant has a certified safety management system in place.
- The names of one or more competent persons who have been engaged by the applicant to supervise the asbestos removal work to be authorised by the licence;
Evidence that each named supervisor is at least 18 years of age.
A copy of a certification issued to each named supervisor for the specified VET courses for the supervison of Asbestos removal work:
- CPCCDE3015A Removal friable asbestos, and
- CPCCBC4015A Supervise asbestos removal, OR
- If the specified courses are not available, evidence of holding a bonded asbestos removal certificate issued in QLD before 1 Jan 2012.
Evidence that each named supervisor has at least 3 years of relevant industry experience in asbestos removal.