Authority for a child to work - Queensland


You will require this authority if you intend to employ a school-aged or young child. This authority is given through a parent's consent form or special circumstances certificate. The form must be signed by the child's parent and include information about the hours the child is required to be at school. A new form must be completed when those hours change. You must keep the signed consent form on file.

If a school-aged child does not have a parent or if the child is living independently of their parent(s), the child can apply for a special circumstances certificate. This certificate authorises the child to work when not required to attend school.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please use the contact details for information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the administering agency for information on fees to be submitted.


This licence cannot be transferred.

Administering agency

Office of Industrial Relations

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Office of Industrial Relations

Phone: 07 3406 9999
Phone: 1300 362 128
Website: Office of Industrial Relations (Opens in new window)