You will need to register with QLeave if you employ eligible workers in the building and construction industry in Queensland.
Eligible workers include tradespeople, trades assistants and labourers who perform building and construction work in Queensland and who are engaged:
- as a trainee or apprentice
- as a casual, part-time or full-time employee
- as a sole trader subcontractor (providing substantially labour only)
- as a foreperson or sub-foreperson (performing building and supervision work)
- by a labour hire company.
Portable long service leave allows an eligible worker who works in the building and construction industry, to count service in the industry towards gaining a long service leave entitlement, regardless of the number of employers for whom the work was carried out.