You will need this licence to:
- assess building development applications
- undertake inspections of approved building work
- issue compliance certificates, final inspection certificates and certificates of classifications.
Three are three grades of licence for building certifiers:
- Level 1 - performs building certifying functions on all classes of buildings and structures.
- Level 2 - performs building certifying functions on buildings and structures of no more than three storeys and a floor area of 2000 metres squared or performs functions on all classes of building provided they are supervised by a Level 1 certifier.
- Level 3 - performs building certifying functions on class 1 building and class 10 building structures.
All licensed building certifiers must comply with the Code of Conduct for Building Certifiers.