You will need this licence to provide any of the following for a consumer or a principal, for all classes of building work:
- administration services
- advisory services
- management services, other than coordinating the scheduling of building work by building contractors, including as an agent for another person.
This licence will allow you to engage but not supervise a builder to do the work on behalf of a client. You are not able to engage or supervise subcontractors directly.
A project management role involves administrative and management functions such as quality control, approving extensions of time claims, issuing directions for variations of the contract, determining values of completed work, suspending work, signing off on progress payments and other such administrative issues on behalf of a client.
You can apply for this licence as a:
- contractor - allows you to perform, supervise and enter into contracts for building work
- company - allows a company to contract for and perform building work, provided a person is nominated as a supervisor
- nominee supervisor - allows you to supervise work on behalf of a licensed company, but not to contract out individually to perform building work
- site supervisor - allows you to supervise work on behalf of a licensed contractor, but not to contract out, perform building work, or be appointed as a nominated supervisor for a company.