An application for the permit can only be made by the person who will be undertaking the activity.
A permit will be granted if the activity:
- doesn't result in harm to human health or safety or personal injury
- doesn't result in property damage or a loss of amenity
- doesn't result in environmental harm or environmental nuisance
- doesn't result in a nuisance
- complies with the provisions of local laws
- complies with the assessment criteria
- complies with the prescribed criteria.
Conditions which may be imposed on your permit include:
- the operator keeps and maintains a publicly available register containing all relevant information concerning burials and cremations at the cemetery
- all entrances to the cemetery are appropriately signed, including the opening and closing times, a detailed site plan, burial plot descriptions, and contact details of the permit holder
- the cemetery operates in accordance with the administration and management plans and policies approved by the local government.