You need a licence if you intend to work as a chattel auctioneer, either as an individual or a corporation. This includes auctions of:
- cars or other motor vehicles
- livestock or agricultural equipment
- art or collectables
- any other items except real estate.
This licence allows you to:
- conduct an auction of any chattels
- attempt or offer to hold any of these auctions
- sell them by any means during the auction period.
You can work alone, with others or as an employee of:
- a chattel auctioneer
- a motor dealer.
You must not auction any real estate without a property auctioneer licence.