Commercial other (producer / wholesaler) licence - Queensland


You will need the licence to undertake either or both of the following:

  • production and wholesale selling of liquor made on the licensed premises
  • wholesale selling of liquor to other liquor licensees on the licensed premises.

You can sell liquor wholesale to:

  • a licensee or permit holder
  • people exempted from requiring a licence.

If you are a producer, you can sell liquor for consumption on the premises to:

  • patrons with a meal that has been prepared on the premises for consumption on the premises, in an area ordinarily set aside for dining
  • a visitor if the sale is a souvenir of the visit.

As a producer, you can also sell your own liquor that has been made on the licensed premises for consumption off the premises to a visitor if the sale is a souvenir of the visit.

If you are a producer who meets the requirements of a craft brewer or an artisan distillery, you can sell your own liquor which has been made on the licensed premises to the public at a promotional event if approved to do so for consumption at the event as a sample or for consumption away from the event. This includes both craft beer and artisan spirits that you have made.

The total amount of craft beer that may be sold or supplied to each person for consumption away from the event is 9 litres. The total amount of artisan spirits that may be sold or supplied to each person for consumption away from the event is 1.5 litres.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence, you will need to be a fit and proper or suitable person.

Ongoing eligibility requirements

You must comply with all the conditions listed on your licence. This includes responsibilities related to trading hours, safety, advertising and noise. You must not conduct business on the licensed premises other than that authorised by the licence.

A licensee or an approved manager may need to be at the premises during trading hours to ensure the responsible management of the licensed venue.

You are required to pay annual licence fees, which are due each year by 31 July. You can pay your annual fees through the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation client portal.

You are also required to lodge an annual return listing the amount of liquor and/or beer produced, purchased and sold. You must lodge your annual return online through a separate Liquor, Gaming and Fair Trading portal. There's no need to log in to complete your annual return, just click on the 'Liquor or Gaming Annual Return' tile.


Until surrendered or cancelled


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

View the current liquor and wine licence fees and charges.

Other resources

Application process


To apply for a new licence, you must submit the following:

  • a completed Form 1: Application for a liquor licence
  • a completed Form 5: Personal details schedule for each individual who is a party to the application
  • a completed Form 6: Application for registration of financial interest 
  • prescribed application fees (including the fee for criminal history check)
  • a layout plan (scale 1:100)
  • a location plan
  • town planning consent
  • a current title search
  • a registered plan of survey
  • a company extract showing all current directors (only if you are applying as a corporation).

You may also be required to submit:

In addition to the above, all applicants must undergo a criminal history and other relevant probity checks to hold a liquor licence. You may also be required to advertise your licence application.


You will need to complete Form 28: Application for temporary authority if your licensed premises are temporarily moving to a new location (e.g. if the current premises are being rebuilt or is damaged by fire).

Transfer process


You can apply to transfer your licence by completing a Form 3: Application for transfer of a liquor licence. You should lodge your application for transfer six to eight weeks before the proposed settlement date to allow sufficient time for processing.

Please note that new business operators have no authority to sell and supply liquor until a transfer is approved and the applicant has become the licensee.

Additional information

Once your licence is granted you can pay your annual fees and manage your details using OLGR's client portal.

You can also apply separately for additional licences or permits.

Administering agency

Department of Justice and Attorney-General

Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation

Licensing Division

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.