Commercial parking permit - Gold Coast City Council - Queensland


You may need a commercial parking permit if you intend to park in a commercial loading zone. Commercial loading zones are where a high number of businesses are located, but street parking is limited. These areas allow businesses and commercial operators to load or unload goods at a location close to their business. This permit enables you to park in regulated traffic areas while conducting business.

You do not need this permit if your vehicle is commercially registered with the state department and is a working vehicle such as utilities, vans, and dual cabs.

All other vehicle types (e.g. sedan, wagon) will require a permit and must also be commercially registered with the state department to be eligible.

The permit must be clearly displayed on the windscreen.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

The conditions of use for commercial vehicle permits are listed on the documentation that comes with your permit.

  1. The permit holder must affix the permit to the vehicle within three days after the issue of the permit.
  2. The permit must be displayed in a clearly visible location on the left-hand side front windscreen of the vehicle at all times.
  3. The vehicle is permitted to be parked for a maximum period of 30 minutes in a commercial loading zone (unless otherwise signed).

Approval is granted under the conditions of the stated legislation only, and does not remove the requirement to comply with other statutory and/or other local government requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Commercial permit to allow a motor car or motorcycle access to commercial vehicle loading zone:

  • eligibility conditions met - $Nil
  • eligibility not met - $202.00.

Fees for 2023-24

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 2009 Queensland

Transfer process


Permit can also be transferred to a different vehicle. To transfer your permit, you must:

  • return the original permit
  • complete the application form and tick the transfer box
  • pay the prescribed fee.

Administering agency

Gold Coast City Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.