Consignment authority - Queensland


You will need authorisation to transport of trackable waste into or out of Queensland. Trackable waste is defined in the regulations. The movement of trackable waste into Queensland requires you to apply for, and be granted, a consignment authorisation. The movement of trackable waste out of Queensland, requires you to be granted authorisation by another State or Territory and to obtain an 'interstate waste tracking certificate'.

In either case, you may be required to record and produce information relating to the waste being transported. Further, both the waste transporter and a waste receiver are required to be licensed to transport or receive regulated waste.

Service type

Regulatory Obligation

An obligation defined in law. A business must comply with relevant services.

Administering agency

Department of Environment, Science and Innovation

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.