Demolition work licence - Queensland


You will need this licence if you are a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) and undertake certain types of demolition.

You must have a demolition work licence to demolish or dismantle a structure that:

  • contains pre-tensioned or post-tensioned structural components
  • involves use of load shifting equipment (e.g. use of combination front-end loader and backhoe, skid steer loader, excavator, crane)
  • involves the use of explosives or another induced collapse method.

You must provide five days notice to before commencing work.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible to apply for this licence, you will need to satisfy the approved criteria, as stated in Information Paper D1 issued by the regulator.

The holder of the business licence is responsible for making sure that the work is supervised by a competent person. Supervisors must be nominated on the application form and satisfy the regulator that they meet the approved criteria to perform the duties of a supervisor of demolition work. They must meet the requirements contained in Information Paper D2 for demolition work.


2 years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

View a full list of electrical and work health and safety fee here

Administering agency

Office of Industrial Relations

Workplace Health and Safety Queensland

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.