You will need a development approval if you intend to propose a development that will require you to undertake any of the following in a Priority Development Area:
- carrying out building work
- carrying out plumbing work or drainage work
- carrying out operational work
- reconfiguring a lot
- making a material change of use of premises.
Priority Development Areas (PDAs) are parcels of land within Queensland identified for development to deliver significant benefits to the community.
There are certain PDAs that will be assessed has been delegated to the local government authority on the assessment of the development application, which include:
- Blackwater and Blackwater East PDAs - Central Highlands Regional Council
- Moranbah PDA - Isaac Regional Council
- Ripley Valley PDA - Ipswich City Council
- Southport PDA - City of the Gold Coast Council
- The Mill at Moreton Bay PDA - Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Toowoomba Railway Parklands PDA - Toowoomba Regional Council
- Albert Street CRR PDA - Cross River Rail Delivery Authority
- Townsville City Waterfront PDA - where land is not within the strategic port land area - Townsville City Council.