You can obtain this permit by completing the "Application for Exploration Permit" and submitting it by:
- Delivering or mailing the application to any mines office in Queensland; or
- Loading online through the MyMinesOnline System.
The latest version of the application form can be downloaded from the website or by contacting your regional or Brisbane district office of the Department.
The following documents must be submitted with the applicaton:
- proposed work program of exploration and advice on how the program will be carried out
- a statement specifying the estimated human, technical and financial resources proposed to be committed to during each year of the permit
- statement of financial position and available technical resources
- numbers and qualifications of professional and other staff responsible for planning, conducting and reporting for each year of the program.
Permit holders are required to have an environmental authority unless the area they are applying for is 4 su-blocks or less. Applicants must complete an EA form and attach supporting documentation. This form and supporting documentation must be submitted with your permit application.
Further information about applying for an exploration permit may be obtained by reading the mineral and coal exploration guidelines which can be downloaded at the department's website .
Any person interested in obtaining mining tenure is advised to contact the relevant mining registrar or department staff for further information before lodging any application.
You must lodge a financial assurance and accept terms and conditions. Compliance with the native title process is also required.