Fisheries quota transfer - Queensland


Individual transferable quota units (quota) can be transferred if the transferee has a licence with the appropriate fishery symbol, e.g. someone purchasing Spanish mackerel quota must hold a licence with the SM symbol.

The C2 Spanner Crab fishery is an exception. If a person is purchasing quota they may apply for the licence to be amended to include the C2 symbol.

Authority holders may transfer a quota permanently or temporarily.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


This authority is ongoing while fees are paid.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
General Licence All

Queensland commercial fishing fees

Other resources

Application process

You can apply to register the transfer of quota, temporarily or permanently, by submitting a Register transfer of quota application, or Register temporary transfer of quota application respectively, with the applicable fee to Fisheries Queensland.

Transfer process

You can transfer quota.

Additional information

Please note that regional offices do not accept completed applications with fees. However they do have the range of application forms for distribution.

Administering agency

Department of Agriculture and Fisheries

Fisheries Queensland

Licensing and Fisheries Information

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Customer Service Centre

Department of Agriculture and Fisheries

Phone: 07 3404 6999
Phone: 13 25 23
Website: Department of Agriculture and Fisheries Customer Service Centre (Opens in new window)