You will need this permit if you intend to interfere with a flying-fox or their roost in the following circumstances:
- they are causing damage to property within an Urban Flying-Fox Management Area (UFFMA)
- they represent a threat to human health or wellbeing within an UFFMA
- managing a roost outside an UFFMA.
There are three types of activities that can be applied for under the permit:
- destroying a flying-fox roost
- disturbing a flying-fox
- driving away a flying-fox.
You must comply with the 'Code of practice for the ecologically sustainable management of flying-fox roosts'. All applications must be accompanied by a management plan.