You will need this licence if your business:
- manufactures food (making food by combining ingredients)
- sells unpackaged food by retail (for example, cafe, restaurant or takeaway food shop)
- is a non-profit organisation and sells, on at least 12 days each financial year, meals prepared by your organisation at a particular place.
This licence applies to all locations and food business types, whether you are based in commercial premises, at home or from a vehicle or stall.
If you are going to operate as a mobile food business, you only need one food business licence to operate anywhere across the state. A mobile food business includes:
- vehicles from which you sell unpackaged food by retail
- food vending machines
- water carriers delivering drinking water.