Plans, along with the application form and relevant fee should be lodged with council. The following information must be taken into consideration when drawing your plans:
- you will need to submit two (2) copies of your plans (drawn to scale) for approval
- the plan should include:
- the boundaries of the site, the outlines of the building and the use of the adjoining premises;
- the area (including dimensions) intended to be used for the dining on the footpath;
- any trees, planter boxes, telephone booths, mail boxes, bus seats and shelters, traffic signal boxes, fixed rubbish bins, pillars and posts and other obstructions or footpath furniture or fittings;
- the position of tables and chairs and other associated features;
- the access and exit points of the building located at or in close proximity to the dining area;
- the location of any nearby atm or other facility which is likely to require access or congregation of people.
Other information to be provided with your application:
- colour photographs of the furniture, accessories and fittings intended to be placed on the footpath and the site frontage of the dining area must be submitted with the application. Brochures of the furniture and fittings may be submitted in place of photographs;
- evidence of Public Liability Insurance. A public liability insurance policy to a minimum value of $10 million must be taken out with Ipswich City Council as an interested party. A copy of this document should be submitted with your application form and plans.