You must hold a public liability insurance policy noting council's interests as an insured party. The sum insured is to be a minimum of $10 million. Evidence of your insurance is to be provided with the application.
You may also be required to provide a veterinary certificate stating the animal's details, condition and fitness.
Conditions ordinarily imposed on this permit may include:
- the vehicle must be kept in a condition which is clean, safe and fit for the conveyance of passengers
- the horses must be fit and kept in good condition
- the person driving the vehicle must be in a clean and presentable condition
- the operation of the activity must not be conducted outside the hours of 6.00pm to 6.00am the following day
- a pick-up and set-down area must be kept in a condition which is clean and tidy
- the driver of the vehicle must ensure that appropriate measures are taken to prevent manure dropping onto a road, remove any manure that drops onto a road, and ensure that no overloading of the vehicle occurs
- the name, address and telephone number of the holder of the permit must be prominently and permanently displayed on both sides of the vehicle or pedicab
- the permit number issued by the council, the council issuing the permit and details of the activity must be prominently and permanently displayed on the rear of the vehicle to enable it to be viewed by members of the public.