You will need this licence to buy, possess and supply, by wholesale, products which contain S2, S3, S7 and S8 poisons, under the Commonwealth's Standard for the Uniform Scheduling of Medicines and Poisons.
A wholesale licence is a licence that authorises the holder to carry out the following regulated activities with a regulated substance stated in the licence:
- buying stock of the regulated substance
- possession of the regulated substance at a place stated in the licence
- possession of the regulated substance for transportation
- to a place where a person is authorised, or where it is not
- unlawful for a person, to possess the substance
- supply and dispose of the regulated substance to authorised third parties.
Wholesalers may also apply for an approval to wholesale prohibited S9 and S10 substances.