Submit a completed application with the appropriate fee by post or in person to an Explosives regional offices only.
This licence may be applied for by a person. A person is defined as an individual or corporation; public company, private company, club, association, government agency or partnership.
If an individual is a person having an interest in a corporation and the corporation is the separate legal entity responsible for the intended explosives operations and activities, the individual must apply using the corporate licence application form.
A corporation applying for this licence must:
- nominate an authorised person to act on behalf of the corporation; and
- if non-publicly listed company, provide an Australian Securities and Investments Commission Extract showing the directors of the corporation.
- if a publicly listed company, nominate a responsible person for explosives activities related to the company.
A corporation applying for this licence must (pay) nominate an authorised person to act on behalf of the corporation and if a non-publicly listed company must provide completed security assessment forms and pay the relevant fees for each person having an interest in the company.
The required items section of the application form outlines all prerequisite licensing requirements.
- the Chief Inspector of Explosives may require further assessment of the applicant under S15 (7)(c) of the Explosives Act 1999
- the applicants work status may require the provision of further information not outlined on the application form
- the vehicle may be inspected for compliance with the relevant code(s) prior to recommendation to issue the licence
- driver must possess a current explosives drivers licence for this vehicle
- driver must qualify to age limit depending on quantity of explosives to be carried
- driver must be medically fit in accordance with the commercial vehicle drivers standard
- vehicle must be covered by appropriate insurance as per the Australian Dangerous Goods Code and/or the Australian Explosives Code
- the transport activity cannot commence until the licence is issued
- for a licence or permit related to security sensitive explosives, the individual, directors, partners or nominated responsible person must hold a current security clearance.