Liquor industry training requirements - Queensland


If you manage or work at a licensed liquor venue, you will need to have completed one of the following training courses:

  • responsible management of licensed venues (RMLV)
  • responsible service of alcohol (RSA).

It is mandatory for liquor licensees (if they are individuals), approved managers and some permit holders to hold a current RMLV certificate.

It is mandatory for certain people to hold a Queensland RSA certificate. The exception applies to volunteers serving or supplying alcohol at a venue under one of the following licences or permits:

  • community club licence
  • community other licence
  • community liquor permit
  • restricted liquor permit.

Service type

Regulatory Obligation

An obligation defined in law. A business must comply with relevant services.

Administering agency

Department of Justice and Attorney-General

Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.