Major amusement park licence - Queensland


You will need this licence to operate a major amusement park. A major amusement park is a workplace that has at least four amusement devices, including at least one class 3, class 4 or class 5 amusement devices under AS 3533.1 - 2009 (Amusement rides and devices Part 1: design and construction), or a high structure water slide at least 10 metres high.

If all the rides at a workplace are for a temporary event (such as an agricultural show or school fete) it is not a major amusement park and does not need this licence.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Licence All

View a full list of electrical and work health and safety fees here

Application process


You must include the following information in your application:

  • the operator's name and address
  • evidence of identity required by the regulator
  • if the operator conducts business or undertaking under a business name, you must provide the business name and certificate
  • the amusement safety case
  • a declaration that the information contained in the application, to the best of the operator's knowledge, true and correct.

Administering agency

Office of Industrial Relations

Workplace Health and Safety Queensland

Licensing and Advisory Services

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.