Motor salesperson (wrecker) registration - Queensland


You will need this registration if you intend to work as a salesperson for a wrecker motor dealer. If you are a contractor instead of an employee, you must have a motor dealer (wrecker) licence.

As a wrecker employee, you may:

  • obtain used motor vehicles, in parts or whole, to sell as parts
  • sell used motor vehicles as parts.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for registration, you must:

  • be at least 18 years old
  • be a suitable person
  • have a registered office in Australia
  • hold the relevant qualifications, as described on application form.

A criminal history check must be done for each person whose date and place of birth are stated on the application form.

You may be eligible to be licensed under mutual recognition laws if you hold a comparable licence within another Australian State or Territory or within New Zealand.


One or three years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

You can find the current fees here.

Application process


To apply, you need to submit an application form with:

  • an application fee
  • a registration issue fee
  • a criminal history check fee
  • a certified copy of your birth certificate, birth certificate extract, passport, Australian citizenship certificate or driver licence. Proof of identity can be certified by a Justice of the Peace, Commissioner for Declarations, barrister, solicitor or notary public
  • a certificate of completion of modules.

Approval time

Processing time is between four and six weeks

Administering agency

Department of Justice and Attorney-General

Office of Fair Trading

Industry Licensing Unit

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.