You will need to comply with these rules if you intend to sell or supply energy (electricity and natural gas) from retailers and distributors to customers.
The rules have the force of law, and are made by the regulator under the National Energy Retail Law. The rules cover the following topics:
- customer retail contracts and customer hardship
- relationships between distributions and customers
- relationships between distributors and retailers-rail support obligations
- de-energisation (or disconnection) of premises-small customers
- life support equipment
- prepayment meter systems
- exempt selling regime
- retail market performance reports
- customer retail contracts-electricity consumption benchmarks
- model terms and conditions for standard retail contracts
- model terms and conditions for deemed standard connection contracts.