A person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) at a workplace is required to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the health and safety of workers and others. Notifications of lead risk work and the removal of workers from lead risk work provide risk based information to Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ) so it can apply resources and target compliance and enforcement actions to areas of the greatest risk to workplace health and safety.
Lead risk work means work carried out in a lead process that is likely to cause the blood lead level of a worker carrying out the work to be more than:
- 10 microgram/dL (0.48 micromole/L) for a female of reproductive capacity
- 30 microgram/dL (1.45 micromole/L) in any other case.
Form 23 - Notification relating to lead risk work is for:
- A1 New notification of lead risk work
- A2 Amended notification of lead risk work (please provide the date of the previous notification)
- B Removal of worker from lead risk work