You will need to determine if you require planning approval, which is required for these activities:
- starting a new outdoor dining activity
- re-establishing outdoor dining that has been abandoned
- changing the intensity of existing outdoor dining
- changing the scale of an existing business
- building work.
You may also need the following before applying for an outdoor dining permit:
- advertising signs licence
- food business licence
- liquor licence
- public liability insurance.
If your business serves alcohol you must have a liquor licence. The council or local authority reserves the right to object any liquor licence application, regardless of approval for outdoor dining.