You will require this licence if you intend to perform plumbing and drainage services. This licence will allow you to install, commission, maintain and test plumbing and drainage services in all classes of building and premises, including but not limited to:
- compressed air, heating, steam, vacuum or ventilation systems
- metal fascias and gutters
- on-site domestic waste water management systems
- roof and wall cladding
- fire hydrants, with or without pumps
- fire hose reels, with or without pumps.
You will also be able to install fire collars if they are incidental to the work mentioned above, and prepare plans and specifications for plumbing and drainage work for the licensees personal use.
Additionally, you must also comply with applicable licensing requirements in the plumbing and drainage legislation.
You can apply for this licence as a:
- contractor - allows you to perform, supervise and enter into contracts for building work
- company - allows a company to contract for and perform building work, provided a person is nominated as a supervisor
- nominee supervisor - allows you to supervise work on behalf of a licensed company, but not to contract out individually to perform building work.