You will need this permit if you intend to undertake complex plumbing and drainage work that has a higher risk of failure. Examples of this work include:
- construction of a new building or structure
- work that will involve or is likely to involve discharge of prohibited substances into a regulated sewer including via an on-site disposal system
- drainage work for a building or structure served by a combined drain
- work that involves a dual reticulated water supply provided by a water service provider
- work that involves an alternative solution under any of the Codes as may be applicable.
You can only perform the permit work covered by your licence.
Once the permit work has been satisfactorily completed, your local council will issue either an inspection certificate or a final inspection certificate.