You will need to comply with this code if you intend to work as a private employment agent. Private employment agents duties include:
- finding casual, part-time, temporary, permanent or contract work for a person
- finding a casual, part-time, temporary, permanent or contract worker for a person
- negotiating the terms of contract work for a model or performer
- administering a contract for a model or performer and arrange payments under it
- providing career advice for a model or performer.
This code covers issues such as:
- the general responsibilities of an agent, including responsibilities to work seekers
- fee charging restrictions
- record keeping
- prohibitions against an agent publishing false information or making false statements
- the requirement of an agent to give an information statement to a work seeker
- particular rules of conduct for dealings with models and performers.