There are requirements you will need to meet if you intend to administer cosmetic injectables, also known as anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers.
The two main types of injectable substances used are:
- botulinum toxin type A (also known as 'Botox'), which temporarily paralyses the facial muscles
- dermal fillers, which plump out wrinkles or other parts of the face.
You will need to:
- be a registered health practitioner authorised to prescribe injections
- consult with your patient and ensure the procedure is safe for them
- ensure that any medicine or health product used in the procedure has been assessed by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) for safety, quality and efficacy
- ensure that the location where the procedure takes place meets the infection control standards
- provide the appropriate after care.